Friday, January 20, 2006

the moral superiority of monogamy?

This post is inspired by comments of a few friends about the falsity of the moral superiority of monogamy, and recent events where once again I was involved in a non-monogamous not-relationship that went bad...

Non-monogamy plays on my fears of abandonment, especially in time-scarce existence. Intimate relationships require extensive temporal resources - and its not just structured date time, but hanging around the house, watching films, reading time, just being in the same space time that I love. And then there's the emotional and intellectual resources. I desire to spend time with someone I chose to be in a relationship with - how do I know you will choose me to share your time, emotion and intellect with if there are a number of choices?

I do not subscribe to the whole one-true-love school of life, but I only have the means for one at a time - how could you have enough for many?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home